Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Dec 13 09:22:45 PST 2007
Josh Harrison wrote:

>>> public | accounts | table | josh
>>>  public | branches | table | josh
>>>  public | dummy1   | table | josh
>>>  public | dummy2   | table | josh
>>>  public | history  | table | josh
>>>  public | tellers  | table | josh
>>>
>>> This s just a test database
>> Weird, this should work.  What shell are you using?  bash?  What distro?
>>

> bash --version
> GNU bash, version 3.00.16(1)-release (i386-pc-solaris2.10)

This must be something inherent to bash on solaris.  I've tried it with
bash and ksh on Linux and it works fine.  It's likely an issue with the
way the quotes are being parsed.

I'll play with it and see if I can come up with an alternative solution,
although I don't have solaris to test it on.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin