Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Dec 13 09:00:52 PST 2007
Christopher Browne wrote:
> Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> writes:
>> Christopher Browne wrote:

>>> Well, apparently the "store node" for node #2 didn't get done...
>> Is this possibly an environment issue?  Configuration problem?  I'm
>> not sure what you mean by the 'store node.'
>
> Configuration, of a sort.
>
> Setting up replication involves, at the slonik level, the following steps:
>
> - Initializing the first node in the cluster (e.g. - INIT CLUSTER)
> - Initializing other nodes (e.g. - STORE NODE), which is where things evidently broke down
> - Setting up communications between nodes (STORE PATH)
> - Setting up a replication set
>   - CREATE SET (to begin setup)
>   - SET ADD TABLE (to add tables in)
>   - SET ADD SEQUENCE (to add in sequences)
> - Then subscribing nodes to that set - SUBSCRIBE SET
>
> If you see the message "Node is not initialized properly", that means
> that either an INIT CLUSTER or a STORE NODE did not take place.

I don't know if this helps any, but slony_show_configuration produces:

Slony Configuration
-------------------------------------

Slony-I Cluster: esc_cluster
Logs stored under /var/log/slony
Slony Binaries in: /usr/bin/

Node information
Node:  1 Host:            rhws User: postgres Port: 5443 Forwarding?
   Parent:  0 Database:        swr
          DSN: host=rhws dbname=swr user=postgres port=5443
Node:  2 Host:   172.16.255.15 User: postgres Port: 5443 Forwarding?
   Parent:  1 Database:        swr
          DSN: host=172.16.255.15 dbname=swr user=postgres port=5443

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin