Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Thu Dec 13 05:47:05 PST 2007
Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> writes:
> Again, looking at the docs.  It's not clear where these processes are
> supposed to be run from.  Taking the basic scenario with a single
> master and one node, where do I run the following:
>
> # Initialize cluster:
> $ slonik_init_cluster  | slonik
>
> # Start slon  (here 1 and 2 are node numbers)
> $ slon_start 1
> $ slon_start 2
>
> # Create Sets (here 1 is a set number)
> $ slonik_create_set 1
>
> # subscribe set to second node (1= set ID, 2= node ID)
> $ slonik_subscribe_set  2 | slonik

You should be able to run these steps anywhere where you have Slony-I
software installed.

In some of our environments, we'd have *three* servers for this:
1.  Server where the database for node 1 resides
2.  Server where the database for node 2 resides
3.  Server where we intend to run slons.

In that case, we'd usually run *ALL* of this on the third server.

It's certainly simpler to run it all in one place.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>