Leon Mergen leon at solatis.com
Mon Dec 3 11:17:56 PST 2007
Hello Walter,

Thanks for your reply. I'm confident that all servers use the exact same
version of postgresql and slony, and this shouldn't be the problem.

I have resolved my problems by dropping and recreating the database, and
everything went fine. This morning however, when I was toying around with
slony, it happened again -- it seemed like it was triggered by unsubscribing
one of the nodes. I'm not sure what it is caused by. At that point, i simply
dropped the node and re-created it again, which seemed to do the trick.

It sounds like it comes from a bit
of bad management of the application from my side -- still, it
shouldn't happen. Or at least give a somewhat more specific error
message of what might be going on.

Regards,

Leon Mergen

On 12/3/07, Walter Coole <WCoole at aperiogroup.com> wrote:

> I'd check that you're running the same version of Slony on all nodes.
> When I got that error, it was resolved at about the same time that I
> realized that Slony was quite specific about what version was used and
> changed versions to get all of them to be the same.
>

> I'm not sure of this, but I think that when Slony detects a version
> mismatch, that it sets some node setting somewhere to -1 to force a failu=
re
> and this message comes from a later step that doesn't have enough
> information to make a better error message.
>

> Walter

a, and try to sync. However, the data is not appearing in the slave node --=
 after inspecting the log files, I see this for the log of the slave node: