Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Aug 27 14:14:01 PDT 2007
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 04:00:50PM -0500, Dan Falconer wrote:

> I'm really unclear as to what you mean by "snapshot size".  I've updated the
> maximum SYNC group size from 6 to 25, and (some time ago, apparently) the sync

That's what I meant, yes.  Sorry for speaking imprecisely.

> In fact, the most distressing part out of all of this, which could be due to
> some lack of information, is that the master thinks it's out of date with
> itself:::

Hrm.  Are you sure SYNC messages are getting through everywhere?
There is some point (5 days may well be approaching it) where you
need to rebuild everything.

At the very least, I would stop everything and VACUUM ANALYSE the
slony tables, first, though.  My guess is that you're now hitting
badly messed up log tables, and you're in the dead tuple death
spiral.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The very definition of "news" is "something that hardly ever happens."
		--Bruce Schneier