Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Aug 20 15:44:31 PDT 2007
Jan committed a change this morning, which I revised a little further,
which substantially revises the logshipping logic so as to more
correctly coordinate SYNC numbers on subscribers with the provider.

I have run it through tests on 8.3 with success (after my 'revised a
little further' :-)).

I'll be running it through other versions tomorrow and see if I can
have a tarball of pre-1.2.11 tomorrow for Mikko to try again.

Quick precis: Jan was having trouble figuring out where the SYNC
numbers were getting discoordinated, so he dropped them out of
in-memory variables and took an entirely different approach, having
those numbers track via a new Slony-I schema table,
sl_archive_counter.  (Seems good to me; I was always suspicious of
managing that purely in memory; that seemed a flakey way to do it...)
--
output = reverse("ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/finances.html