Thomas Pundt mlists at rp-online.de
Fri Apr 20 00:19:39 PDT 2007
Hi,

On Thursday 19 April 2007 17:59, Francisco Reyes wrote:
| >   select "_cluster".uninstallNode();
|
| Do I need to stop the slon processes first?

It doesn't really matter if all you care about is your master. And the
slave didn't even complete the first copy, right?

| I found the schema for slony.
| The consultant called it "_bk_replica".
|
| So is this what I need to run?
| select _bk_replica.uninstallNode();

Yes.

| So running the uninstallNode should stop the process and the slon will
| stop?

Yes.

| Don't think the consultant even used the port system to start it..
| Tried to run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slon stop and got
| slon not running? (check /var/run/slon.pid).

I am not familiar enough with the FreeBSD port system to say anything
about it without having seen that script. But it is safe to simply
kill the slon processes.

| After I run uninstallNode() do I delete the schema?

Yes. If you drop cascade the Slony schema, there shouldn't be left
any traces of Slony in your database.

| Anything else that needs to be deleted?

Not to my knowledge.

Ciao,