Thomas Pundt mlists at rp-online.de
Thu Apr 19 00:57:58 PDT 2007
Hi,

On Thursday 19 April 2007 06:15, Francisco Reyes wrote:
| Where I work we hired a company to help us setup slony.
| We have ceased the relation with the company and we need to clean the mess
| left behind. I woul like pointers on how to  uninstall Slony
| completely (it doesn't seem to have finished the first copy) until I have
| time to read the docs and install it myself.
|
| Any pointers on how to stop and uninstall slony?

The official way would be to either use the appropriate slonik
command (that would be "uninstall node()") or to call the uninstall node
function directly on each node:

  select "_cluster".uninstallNode();

where _cluster is your Slony schema name.

| Any online tutorials? Specially that would cover stopping the replication.
|
| I found  Christopher Browne's Web Pages at
| http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html Is that the best source for
| tutorial?

That's a very good start, yes; although I wouldn't call it a tutorial :-)

| I see a couple of slon processes running.
| Do I kill them?

Yes; they should exit themselves if Slony is uninstalled though.

| This is FreeBSD and there is a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slon that starts/stops
| the process at bootup and shutdown. Is that all I need to run to stop the
| process?

Probably yes.

Ciao,
Thomas