Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Apr 18 13:33:08 PDT 2007
Bill Moran wrote:
> Based on the docs here:
> http://slony.info/documentation/slonyupgrade.html
> it would seem that I have to run the exact same version of Slony on all
> nodes at all times.  If I want to change that version, I have to update
> all nodes simultaneously.
>
> With regards to updating and versions, is this for _any_ version change?
> I'm guessing that I can't have a cluster with some 1.1 Slony and some 1.2
> Slony.
>
> But, in this particular case, I'm looking at moving some systems from 1.2.6
> to 1.2.9.  Do I have to move them all at once, or is the API locked down
> in the 1.2 version so that slight disparities are OK?
The slon will refuse to connect to nodes that are not on the same
version.  That is, if the slon is of version 1.2.6, it will not connect
to nodes that have schema/functions set up for version 1.2.9.  And
vice-versa.  A slon 1.2.9 will refuse to connect to 1.2.6 nodes until
they are updated to v1.2.9.

Slight disparities:  Not OK...