Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Sep 20 10:43:28 PDT 2006
Andrew Hammond wrote:
> D. Aggressively encourage and support feedback, especially by new
> users so that the quality of the documentation can constantly be
> improved.

I don't know how to do this in a useful fashion.  Not to pick at people,
but it's disappointing to see what amount to "slams" like the following:

First impression: it looks cool but needs *much* better docs, plus some
handholding tools. Windows people will undoubtedly run a mile from this,
unless there are good tools I don't know about.

<http://people.planetpostgresql.org/andrew/index.php?/archives/18-Slon-Ranger.html#comments>

I'd be more than happy to respond with improvements, if something more
specific was said than "needs *much* better docs."  I honestly don't
know what this "Yet Another Andrew" :-) has in mind when he says
"better."  If I did, I'd be entirely happy to try to address his issues.

Unfortunately, it seems to be like pulling teeth to get responses more
specific than "better."  This is NOT a criticism of Andrew Dunstan; his
is an entirely typical sort of comment that I see across all kinds of
projects (not just Slony-I).  (I suppose I'm grousing a bit; it's
certainly not personal.  I also think BuildFarm docs could be better ;-).)