Dave Page dpage
Tue Sep 19 04:34:27 PDT 2006

Incorrect.

> - current server is overloaded/ not reliable

Incorrect. It was overloaded, but has long since been moved to a new
box. There is a new dedicated box waiting in the wings though for
someone with enough gforge-fu (and the time) to do the move.

> - nobody has access to the database it is running on.

Incorrect.

> - it is running outdated and abandonned software. (Although
> that can be
>   fixed by installing the non-open version?)

It is running an old release. The move to the new server was/is supposed
to include an upgrade to the latest FOSS release I believe.

> - the replacement server has hardware problems that haven't
> been fixed for
>   a while.

Incorrect as far as I'm aware.

> - nobody has emergency access to the upstream provider?

That has been addressed.

> What I gathered from the discussions on the needs of Slony-I is this:
> - Remote backup (dataloss is not acceptable)

Both Gborg and pgFoundry are currently backed up to another onsite
server as well as an off-site. The new pgFoundry box is also being setup
to hold additional backups.

Regards, Dave.