Jan Wieck JanWieck
Wed Sep 13 15:38:07 PDT 2006
On 9/11/2006 5:47 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
> I thought I should drop a note to the list explaining why there's no RC4
> just yet.
>
> Jan Wieck has discovered a case where multiple MOVE SET requests lead to
> loss of data; he had anticipated that a relatively minor modification to
> the ACCEPT_SET event would address this, but is still finding some "data
> loss" cases.

I fixed one part of the problem today and will probably finish all of it
tomorrow. MOVE SET was entirely broken for subscribers other than the
old or new origin. On those, the setsync status was not adjusted
correctly. If the old origin had a higher advanced event sequence
(likely), this caused the subscribers to ignore all syncs from the new
origin until its event sequence exceeded that.

Jan