Andrew Sullivan ajs
Thu Oct 19 07:21:48 PDT 2006
On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 09:11:13AM +0200, Barry wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been running this for 3 days now,
> and still the db has not caught up on the old pre-replicating data.
>
> Is there somewhere I can look to confirm that this will take place ?
> Should it take this long ?

Hrm.  Which version is this?  There was a problem at one point where
you had to pay the retail cost of indexes when restoring, so you had
to manually drop all the indexes on the replica prior to building it,
or it'd basically never catch up.  I don't recall just now when that
was added as an automatic feature.  Check the docs for your release.

You can check that the COPYs are happening on the replica, though,
easily enough, with ps.

Three days does seem rather a long time.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
		--attr. John Maynard Keynes