Steve Singer ssinger_pg
Tue Nov 21 05:11:17 PST 2006
I have a cluster in production that has a handfull of tables with slony
generated primary keys that I'm thinking of removing and replacing with
non-slony ones (The tables belong to a third party application, we initially
wanted to just replicate the data without changing the tables)

What is the best way to do this to minimize locking/downtime.

Options I see include:

1. Removing the tables from the replication set, altering them, re-adding
them.
2. Alter  the tables, and somehow tell slony about the new primary key (Can
I do this? If so how?)
3. Anything else?

Steve