Julian Scarfe julian
Thu Nov 9 04:39:20 PST 2006
From: "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck at Yahoo.com>

>>> These release candidates have been out for over a week now and there
>>> has been literally zero feedback. Is ANYONE at all testing these at all?

I just tried the 3-node multiset switchover with the issue that I reported
on 1.2.0RC4

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/slony1-general/2006-September/004987.html

(which I don't recall you or Christopher commenting on) and previously in

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/slony1-general/2006-August/004774.html

The problem persists in 1.2.1.

The problem is only on node 3 (in a 1 -> 2 -> 3 setup) with a 10-set
consecutive MOVE SET from 1 to 2.  I don't appear to be seeing any data
loss, but there are "ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint" on
primary keys appearing in the node 3 log, and slon on Node 3 dies 10 times.
I can provide more detail on request.

Without your input, I have no way of knowing if this is a Slony bug or just
a problem with the way I've set it up.

Julian Scarfe