Scott Marlowe smarlowe
Tue Nov 7 15:17:30 PST 2006
Any replicator that works the way slony does is going to have this
problem.  You've got a choke point, and it's your master server.

Are you saying you can't allocate a secured server in production right
next to the master server that does nothing but suck in data from it and
then shoves it back out to the other servers that need it?  That's the
real solution.

You might be able to use something like pgpool to spread the load out,
but that still requires >1 server in production to do, so you're back to
the same problem you have now, if you can't have >1 production db
server.