Mark Stosberg mark
Fri May 26 09:07:30 PDT 2006
Hello,

I'm new to Slony, and have some script improvements to contribute from
my initial learning process.

I thought it would be useful to have a simple slonik script that just
prints out the preamble. It makes a nice starting point to right a
custom command for people who can otherwise get by with the slonik_* scripts:

 http://mark.stosberg.com/perl/slonik_print_preamble

I also created "slonik_drop_table":

 http://mark.stosberg.com/perl/slonik_drop_table

Currently it has a weakness in that it doesn't look up the table ID for
you. However, no other slonik_* scripts currently make a database
connection, so I followed the pattern of avoiding that. It shouldn't be
a very hard feature to add.

Thanks to the slony developers for their work on these tools!

    Mark