Jim C. Nasby jnasby
Mon May 15 07:19:31 PDT 2006
On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 01:51:53PM -0700, George Courter wrote:
> Is this feasible? As I add machines will there be some kind of n^2
> problem where at some point the communication overhead would be too
> much?
>
> Could I do it with 1 set, or maybe I could split this set into finer
> grain sets in order to make this scalable?

No reason it shouldn't be possible, but you might want to have one
machine act as a 'sub master' to take the load off the actual master.
The submaster would be a slave of the master, and all the other slaves
would point to the submaster.

As for sets, that's more a management issue than a scaleability one.
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby at pervasive.com