Marc Munro marc
Fri May 12 17:16:19 PDT 2006
I have an application that builds new partitions on a monthly basis, and
adds them to the primary replication set.  Each new partition goes
through a number of states before becoming the active partition with
each state change logged in a replicated table.

My log of state changes is not being properly replicated.  If I manually
insert into the log table, the change gets successfully replicated.  If
my automated script does it, the change is not replicated.

The state transitions involve creating new temporary replication sets,
creating new tables at each node, adding tables to the temporary
replication set, subscribing sets, merging sets, and so on.

A state transition is performed within a single transaction and may
involve calls to _slony_schema.ddlscript().  All state transitions
finish, if successful, with an insert into my log table.

Is the use of ddlscript within the same transaction as the insert
somehow disabling the normal logtrigger actions?  Any other
possibilities?  Is there a simple workaround?

All ideas and suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks.
__
Marc