Jan Wieck JanWieck
Tue May 2 06:39:25 PDT 2006
And could someone please mark in FAT RED LETTERS (all caps please) that
"wait for event" does not work for "subscribe" and that an immediately
following "merge" cannot and will not work. The event to wait for before
executing the "merge" is the ENABLE_SUBSCRIPTION created by the set
origin when processing the SUBSCRIBE_SET. Slonik at this time has no
clue when that even might happen. The only way to do it is to split the
whole work into two slonik scripts and wait with other mechanisms until
the newly subscribed tables actually appear in the subscribers sl_table
config.

For some reason almost everyone trying to add new tables stumbles over
that problem. I presume our documentation is lacking here.

Jan