Jan Wieck JanWieck
Wed Mar 29 05:55:06 PST 2006
On 3/28/2006 10:49 AM, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> I'd like to (programmatically) determine when a subscription of a new
> node into a slony cluster has finished, or better said, when the bulk
> data transfer from the origin node did finish and the node is more or
> less synchronised to the origin?
> Is there a better way (via SQL? or some slonik command?) to recognize
> this event, than to read the syslog?

The initial bulk copy is done when the subscriber created the sl_setsync
entry for the set (locally in the subscriber DB). At that time it is
probably many events behind. It is done with that event backlog when the
number of events behind in the sl_status view on the origin drop to zero
(or close to - on a busy system it might never actually reach zero).

Jan