Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Mar 8 08:58:46 PST 2006
Miguel wrote:

>Hi, what is the recommended version to use with slony, i mean, with less
>"isssues", is it 1.1.5 stable enough to use it with 8.1?

Well, 1.1.5 was specifically released with a view to compatibility with 8.1.

I'd regard 7.4, 8.0, and 8.1 to all be of about equal merit for usage
with Slony-I 1.1.5:

- We still have a lot of systems running on 7.4
- 8.0 has been out long enough that there has been a lot of testing of
Slony-I with 8.0
- Jan is doing most of his testing these days against 8.1, and I'd not
be surprised if he was trying it out against the beginnings of 8.2...

The version I'd NOT recommend is PostgreSQL 7.3, as it is now very old,
as there are three major newer versions.  It appears as though Slony-I
1.2 will likely no longer support PostgreSQL 7.3...