Brian Wong bwlist
Tue Mar 7 09:35:07 PST 2006
List,
I am trying to get slony working with the example given in the
documentation. I am using the pgbench tool as suggested. The problem
is, when I subscribe the slave node to the master, the slave slon
process cant find the column "_Slony-I_test_cluster_rowID" on the
master. I check the table and I verify it is there. Here are the
relevant logs from the slave slon process:

NOTICE:  truncate of "public"."accounts" succeeded
NOTICE:  truncate of "public"."branches" succeeded
NOTICE:  truncate of "public"."tellers" succeeded
NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE / ADD UNIQUE will create implicit index
"history__Slony-I_testcluster_rowID_key" for table "history"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "alter table only "public"."history" add
unique ("_Slony-I_testcluster_rowID");"
PL/pgSQL function "determineattkindserial" line 54 at execute statement
NOTICE:  truncate of "public"."history" succeeded
2006-03-07 12:31:55 EST ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: "select
"_testcluster".prepareTableForCopy(4); copy "public"."history"
("tid","bid","aid","delta","mtime","filler","_Slony-I_test_cluster_rowID","_Slony-I_testcluster_rowID")
from stdin; " ERROR:  column "_Slony-I_test_cluster_rowID" of relation
"history" does not exist
 ERROR:  column "_Slony-I_test_cluster_rowID" of relation "history"
does not exist

Here is the description of the 'history' table on the master:

testbench=# \d history
                                                    Table "public.history"
           Column            |            Type             |
                 Modifiers
-----------------------------+-----------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------
 tid                         | integer                     |
 bid                         | integer                     |
 aid                         | integer                     |
 delta                       | integer                     |
 mtime                       | timestamp without time zone |
 filler                      | character(22)               |
 _Slony-I_test_cluster_rowID | bigint                      | not null
default nextval('_test_cluster.sl_rowid_seq'::regclass)
 _Slony-I_testcluster_rowID  | bigint                      | not null
default nextval('_testcluster.sl_rowid_seq'::regclass)
    "history__Slony-I_test_cluster_rowID_key" UNIQUE, btree
("_Slony-I_test_cluster_rowID")
    "history__Slony-I_testcluster_rowID_key" UNIQUE, btree
("_Slony-I_testcluster_rowID")
Triggers:
    _test_cluster_logtrigger_4 AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON
history FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
_test_cluster.logtrigger('_test_cluster', '4', 'vvvvvvk')
    _testcluster_logtrigger_4 AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON
history FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
_testcluster.logtrigger('_testcluster', '4', 'vvvvvvvk

I am sure I am missing something very simple. Thanks in advance.