Steven Prasetya steven.prasetya
Tue Mar 7 00:13:43 PST 2006
Hi,

I've got this error message when I started Slony:

ERROR  remoteListenThread_2: "select ev_origin, ev_seqno, ev_timestamp,
ev_minxid, ev_maxxid, ev_xip,        ev_type,
      ev_data1, ev_data2,        ev_data3, ev_data4,        ev_data5,
ev_data6,        ev_data7, ev_data8 from "_sql_cluster".
sl_event e where (e.ev_origin = '2' and e.ev_seqno > '0') order by
e.ev_origin, e.ev_seqno" - could not receive data from serv
er: Error 0

One of the site suggested that it might be due to the library problem
because I'm installing it on Solaris. The site suggested that it might be
due to the configuration of Postgres with --enable-thread-safety switch and
one possible solution is to patch libpq library.

Below are the URLs that I'm referring to:
- http://cbbrowne.com/info/faq.html
- http://linuxfinances.info/info/installation.html#THREADPATCH

The problem is that I'm not familiar with Solaris and I couldn't find any
instruction on the patching procedures. Could anyone help me with this?
Thank you.

Regards,
Steven