Rod Taylor rbt
Mon Mar 6 15:25:10 PST 2006
I haven't figured out exactly what it is but a long running transaction
process which does simple updates and inserts on a replicated process
seems to grow PostgreSQLs memory size until it starts getting OOM
errors. It almost always fails inside the Slony trigger.

Pg version in this case is 8.0. I didn't have any troubles until adding
replication to this structure a couple of days ago. I think it must be
in the Slony logtrigger function as it relates to inserts.

        DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  out of memory
        DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 21.
        CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO _ssrep.sl_log_1
(log_origin, log_xid, log_tableid, log_actionseq, log_cmdtype,
log_cmddata) VALUES (4, $1, $2, nextval('_ssrep.sl_action_seq'), $3,
$4);"
        SQL State: 53200
        Statement:
                   INSERT INTO ...

Triggers:
    _ssrep_logtrigger_700 AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON
feature_keyword_syndication FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
_ssrep.logtrigger('_ssrep', '700', 'kvvvvvv')

--
Rod Taylor <rbt at sitesell.com>