Richard Yen richyen
Fri Mar 3 16:11:12 PST 2006
Wow, it works!

Thanks a lot...I'm a bit new to this, and upgrading is my first
project...glad you guys are willing to help!

--Richard

On Mar 3, 2006, at 4:04 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:

> Richard Yen wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to upgrade to 1.1.5, but the script fails.
>>
>> Here's what I do:
>>
>> % slonik
>>> update functions (id = );
>> ^D
>>
>> the shell returns with:
>>
>> <stdin>:1: ERROR: syntax error at or near update
>>

>> Anyone know what could be wrong (is there documentation on this?)

> There certainly is documentation; it is included in doc/adminguide, in
> DocBook SGML form, as well as in HTML form in a tarball distributed
> nearby the sources.  I also publish it at my web site; URLs below.
>
> Two pretty clear problems:
>
> 1.  No preamble.
>
> http://linuxfinances.info/info/hdrcmds.html
>
> "The following commands must appear as a "preamble" at the
> beginning of
> each *slonik* command script."
>
> The necessary "preamble" commands are:
> - cluster name
> - admin conninfo
>
> 2.  You didn't specify which node you were updating.
>
> http://linuxfinances.info/info/stmtupdatefunctions.html
>
> You need to specify something like
>
> update functions (id = 1);
>
> (supposing you have a node 1).
>
> You need to update functions on each node in the cluster.

Richard Yen
Staff Programmer

iParadigms, LLC
1624 Franklin St., 7th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612

p. +1-510-287-9720 x285
f.  +1-510-444-1952
e. richyen at iparadigms.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.