Marc G. Fournier marc
Wed Mar 1 09:45:24 PST 2006
On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Brad Nicholson wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>> What about the extra nodes that you indicate above I have to create?  Will
>> those disappear also?  Is there any 'clean up' I'll need to do?
>>
> You are not creating an extra node, you are creating an extra set, and
> subscribing that set to an exisiting node.

Sorry, maybe I mis-understood your earlier replay, but:

=====

> Now, I'm guessing right now, but PROVIDER/RECEIVER can "reuse" the ones
> that are already defined as part of the original replication set, I
> don't need to create new ones just for the temporary set, do I?

These are on a set by set basis, the fact that they are defined for
another set is irrelevant.

=====

I may be mis-reading your reply here ...

When I originally setup replication between the two nodes, I had to INIT
CLUSTER and STORE NODE for each side ... in my case, NODE 1 and NODE 2 ...
I take it that I can have multiple SETs per CLUSTER, but do I need to
define a NODE 3 / NODE 4 for the temporary SET I need to create, or can I
use the existing NODE 1 / NODE 2 that are already created?  And, the
respective paths created via STORE PATH?