Sean Kirkpatrick sean.kirkpatrick
Thu Jun 29 07:41:47 PDT 2006
I apologize if this is a dup...I've been trying to get this through for a couple of days...

Hello All,

I've been successfully using slony (1.0.5) to replicate several 7.4.6 databases to various numbers of nodes for about 6 months now, the most complicated being a 6-node cascading config with one WAN link.  Everything has been running great and slony is a great piece of software.  I've managed to wriggle out of several situations I've come across that were preventing replication from running, but have hit a situation where I'm stuck.  One of my colleagues changed a primary key on a table being replicated, effectively hosing replication for that db.  I've successfully uninstalled the schema and have my procedure in place for reinitializing, but the initial copy on one of the tables fails with the following error:

ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: copy from stdin on local node - PGRES_FATAL_ERROR ERROR:  invalid input syntax fo
r integer: "t"
CONTEXT:  COPY tlcalerttbl, line 1, column marketstate: "t"

It appears that the column values are misaligned somewhere in the copy.  This isn't the table that the primary key was changed on either.

Anyone know how to work around this?

Thanks,
Sean