Jim C. Nasby jnasby
Wed Jun 28 10:34:13 PDT 2006
On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 05:28:23PM +0100, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
> Our data centre suffered a power failure on Friday, and it killed our
> time server.

FWIW, anytime I setup machines where keeping time in sync amongst
themselves is important (a bunch of webservers, maybe), I setup NTP so
that they all sync off of each other as well as some more authoritative
source. That way, even if you lose all your external time sources, at
least all the machines will stay sync'd to each other.
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby at pervasive.com