Gavin Hamill gdh
Fri Jul 21 07:47:26 PDT 2006
Jan Wieck wrote:
> I have attached a patch that I am about to commit into REL_1_1_STABLE
> as well as HEAD. It will cause slon_quote_literal() to return a NULL
> result for a NULL input and the log trigger will bail out with an
> ERROR if one of the old key columns contains the NULL value. This will
> cause a transaction that happens to touch such a row to abort, instead
> of causing a postgres core dump.

This is a followup to a thread back from mid-May [1] - I've been able to
apply your patch, and the great news is pg no longer segfaults - hurrah :)

What interests me is the output in the logs... When before pg would fall
over, now I just get

old key column User."DisplayNumberRooms" IS NULL on UPDATE

Now, I don't understand this at all... the User table has dozens of
columns, and DisplayNumberRooms is just a bool - not a primary or
foreign key; the column is not marked as NOT NULL so I can't understand
what the problem actually is here...

CREATE TABLE "User"
(
  "DisplayNumberRooms" bool DEFAULT false,
)

Cheers,
Gavin.

[1]