Brad Nicholson bnichols
Tue Jul 4 11:01:32 PDT 2006
Victoria Parsons wrote:

> All db changes now happen in node 2, but instead of listening to node 2 directly, nodes 3 and 4 are getting the changes via provider node 1. This is not what I had expected, as presumeably the point of moving set is quite often to then take down the old origin. Anyway, I thought no worries, I'll just send a couple of store path commands to get nodes 3 and 4 listening to node 2 directly.
>
> I did this using
> <slon preamble>
> store listen (origin=2, provider=2, receiver=3);
> store listen (origin=2, provider=2, receiver=4);
>
> This seemed to have no effect at all and I can't see any evidence of the store listen commands being processed.

In some versions of slony, store listen is a no-op (it will work again
as of 1.2).  Looks like you have one of those versions.  The store path
command will automatically generate the listen paths for you, if you
re-run that it should generate the paths.

Alternatively, you can insert the rows directly in sl_listen on all
nodes and restart the slons.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106