Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Jan 18 08:50:02 PST 2006
Aaron Randall <aaron.randall at visionoss.com> writes:
> Hi Everyone :)
>
> I have a question similar to one that was raised a little while ago titled - "How do I know when a subscriber has caught up?".
>
> Is there a flag somewhere that confirms that the master and slave
> are connected (regardless of whether they are currently transmitting
> data) to show that Slony is running successfully on both.  At the
> moment, the only was I can check is by tailing the Slony logs, but
> ideally I would like to use some kind of database field that could
> confirm/deny the master and slave(s) are connected successfully.

Well, you can get some implicit "all is running well" if you run
  select * from _cluster.sl_status;

If it shows all the nodes you expect, and shows that they are only an
event or two behind, then replication should be functioning well.

That's about the best metric I can think of without looking at the
logs.

You could also run the script test_slony_state.pl (or the DBI
version); that checks a number of things about how things are running.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>