Vivek Khera vivek
Wed Feb 22 14:01:31 PST 2006
A couple of weeks ago my replica node got *way* behind for some
reason.  Still haven't figured out what caused it.  There were over
20m entries in sl_log_1 and it was taking on the order of 70 seconds
to process each event.  Since it was never gonna catch up, I decided
to drop the replica.

So I did a DROP NODE and it cleared out the sl_node and sl_listen,
etc, tables as expected, and the replica's slon exited.

However, sl_log_1 was never cleared.  It just kept on growing and
growing.  It seems not to make sense that any new entries would be
added.

Ultimately, I did a uninstall node on the master to clear it all out.

Pg 8.0.4 on master, Slony 1.1.5, FreeBSD 5.4.