Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed Feb 22 10:00:25 PST 2006
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 01:15:41PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> In the case where I'm looking to need this, the application is creating
> tables on the fly, and no two tables necessarily have the same schema ...
> don't ask, not my design, just having to support it :(

If you check the original design discussions, you'll see that this
case was _explicitly_ excluded from support.  Jan regards such code,
I seem to recall, as self-modifying, and regards it as an evil to be
stamped out, not something to be propped up with replication.  (He
has rather strong views on this, in my experience.  I can't say I
feel so strongly about it, but I have to agree with him that it's not
something to be encouraged.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
		--Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA