Andrew Sullivan ajs
Mon Feb 13 04:36:35 PST 2006
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:36:06AM -0000, Kevin Gill wrote:
> Is there a method for replicating the database users (pg_users)?

No, because it's a system table, and system tables can't have
passwords.

> My application can create users and users can change passwords.

In general, that's a pretty dangerous thing to do anyway.  Unless
you're actually building an administration engine for Postgres, it's
a loaded foot gun with pretty serious security implications.  I'd
suggest you not do it this way.  If you _do_ do it this way, then
your application must have superuser access, which means you can
read the slony schema.  That means you could connect to the other
database engine(s) and add the users there, too.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
You may save him from referring to variables in another package, but
you can't save him from writing a badly designed program to solve the
wrong problem, and taking forever to do it.  --Paul Graham