Jim C. Nasby jnasby
Mon Feb 6 22:05:46 PST 2006
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 11:12:45AM -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:
> Nor do I run Slony with superuser access. It has access only to the
> schemas and tables necessary to carry out replication.

Can you provide any details about that? As I understand it based on the
docs, slon needs to connect as a superuser...

> Of course, if you replicated the entire database, then that would be
> nearly equivalent to super-user access.

Not hardly, especially if any of the machines in the cluster have
multiple databases. Heck, just the ability for a superuser to create new
user accounts means it's an extremely powerful tool for a cracker.
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby at pervasive.com