Michael Crozier crozierm
Wed Feb 1 21:19:58 PST 2006
Regarding the problem I described earlier today, there is an additional
detail.  I did not notice that a MERGE_SET event immediately proceeded all
three occurrances of the re-replicated sl_log_1 entries.

Where event N was a MERGE_SET, the processing of event N+1 would re-fetch some
of the previously processed sl_log_1 rows.

I've added and merged 199 tables incrementally over three days and three of
them appear to have caused this problem.  All indications are that there was
only overlap, no dropped sl_log entries, but I have no detailed explaination
of why.  It is certainly not the xid/btree problem, as there have only been
~200,000,000 transactions, not nearly the required 2G that Hannu indicated.

I have SQL and slon logging for all three occurances and will gladly provide
the important parts if it will help uncover the cause of the problem.

Regards,

  Michael