Jeff Davis pgsql
Tue Dec 12 10:58:07 PST 2006
On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 19:39 -0500, Steve Singer wrote:

> - Adding a column to a single table
> -Removing a column from a table

Another possibility is to make functions (and slonik commands) that do
these specific things. Even if we add a command that takes a list of
locks to take, I think it would still be good to have add/drop column
commands, just to avoid the danger of accidentally missing a table to be
locked.

The only thing I can think of that you'd need the more dangerous version
is if you're modifying constraints or changing table permissions.

Probably for some things, like altering the storage, statistics, or
default of a column can be done without any special procedure, right?

Regards,
	Jeff Davis