Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Fri Dec 1 07:51:05 PST 2006
Ashish Karalkar wrote:
> Hello All,
> I need to insert new table in an existing replication
> set for that i want to create new set.
> can anybody please tell me do i need to create this
> new set in the same replication cluster in which it
> will be merged later on and If yes how to do it??
> I used giving same cluster name in the slonik script
> for creating new set but it gives error that cluster
> already exist.

You only submit "init cluster" when initializing a NEW replication cluster.

You only submit "store node" when initializing a NEW replication node.

If the cluster and nodes are already in place, resubmitting such
requests will fail.

If you're just creating just a new set, don't put "init cluster"
requests into your script; that's unnecessary, and will fail.