Richard Yen dba
Thu Aug 10 16:11:56 PDT 2006
Hi all,

I'm running a master with two slaves, and one of the slaves forwards
to an offsite node (so, 4 nodes in all).  Each node is replicating 3
databases

Since finishing the setup, I've been experiencing high load on all 4
nodes, and I'm not sure what's causing the problem.  A quick glance
at 'top' shows that the top cpu-consuming processes are postgres
processes run by the slon daemon.  A handful of them say "notify
interrupt waiting"

Any ideas why the load is so high (anywhere from 4.00 to 6.00)?
Before doing this setup, I've experienced loads around 0.80 to 1.70

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
--Richard