Scott Marlowe smarlowe
Thu Aug 10 09:03:12 PDT 2006
On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 10:51, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Yoel Marrero Calderon wrote:
> > Hi .
> >
> > I wanto replicate part of the information store in Table of Database to other Database.
> >
> > not all data store in table . part of the data .
> >
> > Do you know if with Slony Replication System I can do this form of replication .
> >
> > .thanks .
> >
> If there is some unique portion of the data that is replicable, then
> that probably means you have not fully normalized the database schema
> (e.g. - to 5NF and such).
>
> The only way to accomplish this would be to split the table into two,
> where the data that needs to be replicated is in one table, and the
> other data can remain in the other.

Actually, inheritance might help out here.

I'm not a real big fan of it for things other than partitioning data
sets along date / time stamps, but it might given him the answer.

Set up a parent table, inherit it to two children, build an insert
trigger on the parent that controls where the data actually go based on
whatever logic he has, and then when you select from the parent you get
both child tables.

Slony the one child table with the data you want replicated, and not the
other one.

Seem like it might work?