Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Sep 7 23:09:48 PDT 2005
"Jim Archer" <jim at archer.net> writes:
> Hi All...
>
> I tried posting this question before, but it keeps getting trapped.  I
> think it's because of my use of the word S*U*B*S*C*R*I*B*E in the message
> or in the subject, so here is a new try.
>
> While testing last night, I managed to get a node de-synced due to the way
> I started a slon daemon.  I figured that would be a good opportunity to
> learn how to make a node start itself from scratch.
>
>>From the docs, it seemed that the S*U*B*S*C*R*I*B*E SET command would do
> this if I issued it for a nore that was already inthe cluster.  I issued
> the command, but nothing happened.
>
> So, I am wondering (1) is this command should cause a working node to
> recopy all the data from the provider node and, if not, (2) is there a way
> to make a node do that?

No, the "expected result" of submitting "that command" to a node
already participating in a subscription is for the subscription
provider to be revised.

Thus, you might start with...

    A ---> B ----> C

And revise it to...

    A ---> B
      \
       \
        \> C

If you request a 'path' that is already in effect, it'll turn out as a
NOOP.

What you could do to accomplish what I think you want to do is to
submit "*UN*S*U*B****** SET."
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc"))
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>