Jim Archer jim
Fri Sep 2 08:39:34 PDT 2005
Hi All...

I am trying to build the Debian deb file from the Slony 1.1 source.  I use
the Postgres packaged for Debian Sarge release, which is:

PostgreSQL 7.4.7 on i386-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC i386-linux-gcc(GCC)
3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-12)

Per instructions posted by Tomasz, in the distribution drectory I typed:

$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

That is supposed to build the deb file, but I got this error:

configure: error: Cannot find pg_config.
    Please specify correct installation path for pg_config
    with --with-pgconfigdir=<dir>

The error is clear enough, but the trouble I am having is that I can't
locate pg_config on my system at all.  This does not seem to come in with
the packaged (7.4.7-6sarge1) and it does not seem to be listed in
postgresql-contrib either.

Does anyone know what might be happening here?

Thanks very much...