Andrew Sullivan ajs
Sun Oct 30 19:36:42 PST 2005
On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:57:36PM +0000, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
> Andew
>
> You're right, I realised after, that they're not full vacuums.

Note that they don't need to be, either: VACUUM FULL is the
exclusive-lock one, and you don't want it.

> There was another database (mail_lxtreme) that was unused (as far as I
> can tell) and which was not being vacuumed:

That's your problem.  It makes _no difference_ whether the database
is used.  That's why the warnings are there, in fact.

> I'm going to be a lot more careful when I add databases to ensure that
> they always vacuumed periodically.

You can solve this problem by running vacuumdb -a.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
		--George Orwell