David Parker dparker
Wed Oct 5 14:21:02 PDT 2005

	In ordinary postgres operation, the "tuple concurrently updated"
error is a result of two backends trying to ANALYZE the same table
simultaneously.

	I agree that it seems odd that the cleanupThread would die as a
result of this error since the side effect is supposedly just the
failure of the VACUUM itself to complete.

	In the meantime, are you, by chance, running pg_autovacuum or
something else that would lead to attempts to ANALYZE in addition to the
cleanup thread? I was under the impression that the cleanup thread was
supposed to alleviate the need for pg_autovacuum.

	--
	Thomas F. O'Connell
	[DAP>>] Yeah, we have pg_autovacuum running, as well, so that

	It sounds from Chris' reply that the error handling for this
situation is a bit better in 1.1, so away we go.

	Thanks!

	- DAP