Tim Goodaire tgoodair
Tue Oct 4 21:06:53 PDT 2005
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 03:33:49PM -0400, Pascal Robert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to tune the "check_slony_cluster.sh" script for Nagios to
> better detect sync errors.  I'm trying to understand the columns in the
> 'sl_status' view.  From my understanding :
>
> st_origin : ID of the provider
>
> st_received : ID of the receiver
>
> st_last_event : The last event ID the provider sent a SYNC
>
> st_last_event_ts : The last time the provider sent a SYNC
>
> st_last_received : The last event ID the receiver confirmed
>
> st_last_received_ts :  The last time the receiver sent a confirmation
>
> st_last_received_event_ts : I don't know for this one
>
> st_lag_num_events : The number of events in the queue (unconfirmed
> events in sl_event)
>
> st_lag_time : The time between now and the last confirmation
>

> So if I want to see if any events are not confirmed by the receiver, I
> should check the difference between 'st_last_received_ts' and
> 'st_last_event_ts', and I had to be sure that both 'st_last_event' and
> 'st_last_received' are the same ?

I've been working on something like this. Here is a query that will tell
you the age in minutes of the last confirmed event for each set on the
current node:

SELECT (date_part('epoch'::text, now() - c.con_timestamp) / 60::double
precision)::integer AS age,
c.con_origin
FROM _testcluster.sl_confirm c
WHERE (c.con_seqno, c.con_origin, c.con_received) IN
(SELECT MAX(c.con_seqno), c.con_origin, getlocalnodeid('_testcluster') FROM
_testcluster.sl_confirm c, _testcluster.sl_subscribe s WHERE c.con_origin =
s.sub_provider AND s.sub_receiver = getlocalnodeid('_testcluster') GROUP BY
c.con_origin);

Tim Goodaire    416-673-4126    tgoodair at ca.afilias.info