Fiel Cabral e4696wyoa63emq6w3250kiw60i45e1
Tue Oct 4 15:03:13 PDT 2005
I have 3 nodes. Nodes 2 and 3 are subscribers of node 1 and I'm trying to
failover from node 1 to node 3. The failover command succeeds but the
database of node 3 is still read-only and the origin is still node 1. I
don't have the same problem when doing failover with only two nodes because
the set is moved immediately by failedNode.

failedNode (in the code below) is able to set the provider successfully.

Some code elsewhere is actually moving the replication set. Where is that
code? Is it in slon or slonik or in the sql scripts?

How do I find out that slon caught the signal and is doing the right thing

784 raise notice ''failedNode: set % has other direct receivers - change
providers only'', v_row.set_id;
785 -- ----
786 -- Backup node is not the only direct subscriber. This
787 -- means that at this moment, we redirect all direct
788 -- subscribers to receive from the backup node, and the
789 -- backup node itself to receive from another one.
790 -- The admin utility will wait for the slon engine to
791 -- restart and then call failedNode2() on the node with
792 -- the highest SYNC and redirect this to it on
793 -- backup node later.
811
813 -- Make sure the node daemon will restart
815 notify "_ at CLUSTERNAME@_Restart";
816

-Fiel