Dave Page dpage
Mon Oct 3 08:44:03 PDT 2005

No, that is a very *bad* idea. The Slony team have told us that they
don't thing the proposed changes are appropriate, so all that will end
up happening is that any users running pgAdmin will get told to come and
see us for support, or stop running a non-standard version of Slony. I
do not want us to have to deal with any Slony support beyond our own
code in pgAdmin (not including the Win32 port of course, but that's a
whole other issue).

What exactly do we need the admin nodes for? I'm assuming that you're
setting up the maintenance DB for the server as the admin node so we can
easily find all sets on that server - is that right? Perhaps for older
versions (well 1.1) we need to just find sets as we connect to any
individual databases, and use your original plan for 1.2 in which we use
a separate table as Jan/Chris have suggested?

Also, what has Chris K-L done in phpPgAdmin? I thought he was going to
use the admin nodes idea as well, but perhaps not...

Regards, Dave