Jan Wieck JanWieck
Sat Oct 1 04:13:52 PDT 2005
On 9/30/2005 10:53 PM, cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info wrote:
>> Christopher Browne wrote:
>>> This might be called the "too many 1's" release :-)
>>
>> Neither the bug fix for the wrong default value of con_timestamp is in
>> cvs, nor ignoring disabled nodes (which isn't discussed completely so
>> far).
>
> The *actual* bug relating to the timestamp was, in fact, addressed; it
> wasn't where you reported it to be.
>
> See CVS logs for src/slon/remote_worker.c, with particular reference to
> revision 1.89.  That is the bug fix.
>
> As for the "disabled nodes" part, I never saw any response to the
> questions I asked concerning why pgadmin was creating these nodes rather
> than creating additional tables to store administrative information.
>
> Creating invalid nodes strikes me as the wrong way to do things.

Chris and I talked about it and I didn't like the idea at all. The thing
is, all those "virtual" nodes would represent are admin stations, no?
And all those are good for is to store their admin conninfo as sl_path
entries. Considering the amount of extra care to be take (so that this
dead info doesn't affect any failover/switchover ... don't we already
have problems enough there) compared to storing that data in a separate
table that is automatically propagated ... I suggest separate table.

Jan