Sven Willenberger sven
Tue Nov 29 20:26:49 PST 2005
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 15:09 -0500, Sven Willenberger wrote:
> Slony 1.1.2, FreeBSD 6.0, Postgresql 8.0.4
>
> I currently have a table that I am replicating to a subscriber node
> containing customer information. I have added a trigger to the
> subscriber version of this table to fire after insert that should create
> a new table using information from the newly inserted record; this
> trigger does not seem to fire.
>
> Does Slony bypass user triggers on the subscriber node's tables? If so,
> is there any way to bypass this behavior? If not, any ideas why this
> trigger may not be firing?
>
> Sven

Please disregard; there were apparently a batch of records that were
being updated rather than inserted (that had already existed prior to
the replication scheme being enabled); further testing with adding new
records reveals that the after update triggers on subscriber nodes in
fact do work.

I apologize for the noise.

Sven